Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shiela Stewart talks Romantic Couples in Movies... & offers a copy of Bk1 in her Passion series, Discovery in Passion

Hey peeps!

Yes, it's that week of the year... that of Feb 14. We all know what this means, innit? I'm a serious romantic but somehow my practical mind takes over and I lose all spark when talking of love and romance (must be why I write tortured characters... Anyhow...)

But fear not! I will not spoil this week for ye all, because... I have a guest! Shiela Stewart is here, and she'll rouse up the romantic in all of you with her post today.

Who can resist those amazing dialogues in romantic movies, the ones that stay stuck in your brain forever?

Shiela lists some of them, and she's being even more of a sweetheart by offering a copy of Book 1 in her Passion series. (yes, that's the cover that's up there!)

Here she is for ye all!

****
Romantic Couples

February 14th, the day for love.  We all know the origins; we all know it’s a day to express to the one we love just how dear they are to us. Flowers, candy, engagements, are all a part of that one special day. How do you spend the day with the one you love? Will it be dinner and a movie? If so, I have some great ones for you to see. I mean, who can resist a mushy love story?  Here are some wonderful lines from some classic love story movies.

Tell me about your most memorable romantic encounter or experience and you could win a copy of the first book in my Passion series, Discovery in Passion. Leave your email address to be eligible.


Sam and Molly (Ghost):Sam: I love you Molly. I’ve always loved you.
Molly: Ditto
Sam: It’s amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you.


Harry to Sally (When Harry Met Sally):
Harry Burns: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible


Fox Mulder & Dana Scully (X-Files):
It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.

Jack Dawson & Rose Buckateer (Titanic):
Rose: I love you, Jack.
Jack: Don't you do that, don't say your good-byes. Not yet, do you understand me?
Rose: I'm so cold.
Jack: Listen, Rose. You're gonna get out of here, you're gonna go on and you're gonna make lots of babies, and you're gonna watch them grow. You're gonna die an old... an old lady warm in her bed, not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?
Rose: I can't feel my body.
Jack: Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.
Rose: I promise.
Jack: Never let go.
Rose: I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go.


Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann (Pirates of the Caribbean):Will Turnner: [during the final battle] Will you marry me?
Elizabeth Swann: I don't think now's the best time!
Will Turner: Now may be the only time! I love you. I've made my choice. What's yours?
Elizabeth Swann: Barbossa!
[Will shocked because of her 'choice']
Elizabeth Swann: [to Barbossa] Marry us!
[Will is relieved]
Barbossa: I'm a little busy at the moment!


Ilsa & Rick (Casablanca):
llsa: can't fight it anymore. I ran away from you once. I can't do it again. Oh, I don't know what's right any longer. You have to think for both of us. For all of us.
Rick: All right, I will. Here's looking at you, kid.
Ilsa: [smiles] I wish I didn't love you so much.


Romeo and Juliet
"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name.
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."


Rhett Butler and Scarlett O’Hara (Gone With The Wind):
Scarlett:  [pleads with Rhett as he is about to leave to join the Confederate Army] Oh, Rhett! Please, don't go! You can't leave me! Please! I'll never forgive you!
Rhett Butler: I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names.
Scarlett: [struggles] Don't hold me like that!
Rhett Butler:  [holds her tighter] Scarlett! Look at me! I've loved you more than I've ever loved any woman and I've waited for you longer than I've ever waited for any woman.
[kisses her forehead]
Scarlett:  [turns her face away] Let me alone!
Rhett Butler: [forces her to look him in the eyes] Here's a soldier of the South who loves you, Scarlett. Wants to feel your arms around him, wants to carry the memory of your kisses into battle with him. Never mind about loving me, you're a woman sending a soldier to his death with a beautiful memory. Scarlett! Kiss me! Kiss me... once...
[he kisses her]



Discovery in Passion: Bk 1 in the Passion series.
Nothing is ordinary in the small town of Passion, especially the love.

Wanting to start fresh, Cassie Evans relocates to the small town of Passion where she moves into the home of her dreams, complete with dreamy next door neighbor, artist, and handyman Thomas Healy. The only problem is, the house she bought just might be haunted.
Thomas Healy lives a life of solitude and that suits him just fine. Then Cassie Evans moves in next door and begins to turn his peaceful live upside down. He tries to ignore her, but ignoring a woman as beautiful as Cassie isn’t so easy, especially when she shows up at your door, naked, begging for you to paint her. Thomas’ first mistake was to agree to it, his second was to take Cassie to bed, now she’s all he can think about.
When their blossoming love is overshadowed by a ghostly haunting, the curious Cassie launches an investigation into the life and death of her home’s previous owner, uncovering a mystery and attracting the attention of a killer. Where will Cassie’s discovery lead her, to the love of her life or to death itself?
Welcome to the town of Passion.


Excerpt
“Got a problem?”
Cassie looked up, the sun nearly blinding her, but she managed to see the grin on Thomas’ face. “I hate this day.”
“Having a rough one?”
She took the hand he held out to her, and when he yanked her to her feet, Cassie collided with his chest. “It was, until now,” she purred seductively.
 “You drink beer?” he asked, releasing her to step back.
“A gorgeous woman, more than ready to be taken, all but throws herself at you, and all you can think about is beer.”
“I like beer,” he commented lightly, gathering the contents that had been in the bag before it broke.
“You like beer.” Cassie snorted, trying to yank her shoe from the ground. The thought hit her hard and had her head snapping up to him. “You like beer; you’d rather have beer than me. Now I get it.
You’re gay.”
“I am not gay.” He piled the frozen dinners on top of each other and carefully placed them on the case of beer.
“That explains everything.”
“I’m not gay,” he repeated, grabbing the bags of chips. “Do you eat anything besides junk?”
Cassie ignored him and continued working on her shoe which was thoroughly jammed into the mud. “You know, you could have simply told me you swung the other way, and I would have understood.
I actually have several gay friends.”
“I’m not gay,” he insisted, angling his face to her.
“Really, it’s okay—” She fell flat on her butt when the shoe finally gave with a slippery pop. “I really do hate this day.”
Grinning, Thomas set the bags down and held out his hand. “You really are having a rough one.”
She took his hand, pursing her lips as he lifted her to her feet.
“And then some.”
“Tell me about it.” He began gathering the bags once more.
“Well, to start with, I didn’t sleep worth a damn. The thing this morning freaked me out, and when I go to hook up power at town hall, the woman there refuses to tell me anything about the people that were murdered here. Then I go to the bar and simply ask for a bottle of chardonnay and the bartender snickered at me. ‘We don’t serve fancy wine here.’ I wanted to pop him in the mouth. It’s not that fancy, for Christ’s sake.” She grunted while she picked up the few remaining items left on the damp grass.
“So you settled for beer?”
She shrugged. “It goes down nice on a hot day. Are you seeing anyone?”
“I’m not gay, Cass.” He lifted the case of beer with the frozen meals and chips on top like it weighed no more than a feather and walked to the house.
 “Sure you’re not. It’s always the good looking ones. What a shame.” Cassie sighed, watching his tight round ass move as he took the steps up to her deck. She could imagine herself taking a good hold of those cheeks and giving them a firm squeeze. She nearly bumped into him when he stopped short, to set the case on the top step.
“I’m not gay,” he repeated, taking her by the arms, hoisting her up and took her lips in a sharp and very potent kiss.
Cassie felt her feet hit the step, felt her head spin and, opening her eyes, saw him looking down at her with a sober expression on his face.



To find out more about the Passion series go to my website at www.shielasbooks.ca
To purchase:  http://tinyurl.com/c9a46pp


****

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

2 comments:

Rhonda Hopkins said...

I love this! What a wonderful post. :-)

Shiela Stewart said...

Thanks Rhonda! I think my favorite couple is Jack and Rose. The ending still makes me tear up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...