Sunday, January 20, 2013

#sixsunday February release OnceUponASecondChance, the Muslim #1NS: Where is Leila?

Hey beautiful people!

Another weekend - where is the time flying, eh? Dunno if you've noticed something a little different around here... pretty chuffed with myself at the new layout of this site/blog (busted all my brain cells this week to come up with with the layout). Would love to know what you think.

Anyhow, back to the subject of the day - Six Sentence Sunday. I'm sticking to my February 5 release from the 1Night Stand line at Decadent Publishing. Increasingly coming to be known as "the Muslim 1NS", this one is garnering some attention already.

Remember Leila, the heroine? She's been on this spot for 2 weeks now. There was mention of her wearing a scarf, and last week, I gave a little snippet of the mystery behind the scarf.
But you might be wondering where Leila is, and what she is doing here. Read on for today's six.


'...
He’d made sure to buy her from her father as a virgin, to be assured of her being untainted by any other before him, like his two other wives.
Chérie? What’s the matter?”
Leila tore her thoughts from the dark memories and stared at the woman who had welcomed her into her home three months earlier. Before Carole, Leila had never known compassion existed, or that peace thrived on a small island called Mauritius in the southern Indian Ocean. All she’d known had been a life of fear in her Arab father’s house in London, and then the household of Bashir Al-Arif, the man who had bought her virginity in the United Arab Emirates.


...'


Will Mauritius be the hope of a new beginning for Leila? Is her heartache finally coming to an end? Catch the release on February 5 and find out! *grin*

Once again, don't forget to check the amazing peeps on the official SSS list - among others, Jessica E. Subject, JM Blackman, Taryn Kincaid, Angela Quarles, Sue Ann Bowling, Kate Warren - from the many authors on the list this week.

Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. We have some wind and lots of rain here - perfect cuddly weather. :)

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

18 comments:

Gem Sivad said...

Very dark and intense. Well done!

Jessica Subject said...

I absolutely love how culture-rich your stories are. A fab six from and equally fab story! :-)

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks, Gem! :)

Zee Monodee said...

Aww. These are such sweet words, Jessica. Thank you!! xoxo

Casey said...

Love the issues and culture you're addressing here, Zee. You've packed a lot into these few sentences.
--Kimberly K. Comeau

Alissa Baxter said...

Your new website looks great, Zee! And I love this extract. The book sounds intriguing.

Sue Ann Bowling said...

I'm not exactly a romance fan, but the cultural conflict in this one intrigues me.

Kate Warren said...

The site looks fantastic, Zee!

Wonderful six. The contrast between her new surroundings and her old life is so stark and moving!

Lovely sunshine we have today. Cold, but lovely. I must visit an island someday. Yours sounds lovely.

J.M. Blackman said...

Her history and state of mind and hopeful nature make for such an intense read. Great six, Zee.

Jess Schira said...

I can already tell I'm going to love the culture exploration in this novel. Good luck with your release.

Karysa Faire said...

Oh wow, that's really heavy. What an interesting premise--I'm really looking forward to reading this!

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks, Kimberly! I loved working with this aspect of culture for this one, and hopefully, it shows *grin*

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks, Alissa! xoxo

Zee Monodee said...

Oooh, that's lovely to hear, Sue Ann! :)

Zee Monodee said...

Glad you like it, Kate! I always had this idea about what my site should look like, but it would've cost me way too much to get it done (not to mention it's money I don't have, lol!). So I tried to find a compromise. :)

Lol. Mauritius is absolutely delightful. I seriously say it's paradise on earth.

And I love it when the weather is cold but the sun is shining. Best of both worlds! :) xoxo

Zee Monodee said...

Awww, thanks, JM. These are lovely words! xoxo

Zee Monodee said...

Yay, Jess! I'd love for you to check it out! :) xoxo

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks, Karysa! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...