Sunday, December 09, 2012

#sixsunday Before The Morning #32: And the plot thickens, thanks to...

Hey beautiful people!

Goodness, been ages since I last been here... I also apologise to everyone who visited last week, because I haven't been able to acknowledge your comments and visit back. It's been an insane past 10 days, with me scrambling to put 3 submissions together, and after managing that on Wednesday, I just crashed.

But time to pick myself up and get on with everything, ditch this zombie persona for a more lively one. Starting with Six Sentence Sunday!

I've just been informed Before The Morning (Corpus Brides: Book Two) will be coming out in print this week or next week - the proofs and everything have been sent and we're only waiting for Amazon to give the green light. Can I say I am absolutely chuffed by this news? *grin*

This one is probably my favourite book in all I've written. It's got espionage and danger and a kick-arse heroine, but there's also a whole other dimension of family ties and relationships woven in. Anyone who's seen Burn Notice will know what I mean - this book has been described as Nikita meets Burn Notice.

So, this week, let me show you a little of that family madness and drama. Yes, it's still the Vegas bedroom scene. Last week, Ash accepted his fate of being married to Rayne...until his phone rang and shattered through the moment.

Who was calling? Check it out!


'...
So Maura thought Rayne was still abroad—his beautiful new wife had some explaining to do; he gripped her hand tighter, in a crushing hold.
"You will not believe this, Ash, coz she said she was coming home for Shannon's wedding."
"Did she?" he asked as he narrowed his eyes at Rayne, who looked toward the sliding glass pane to the terrace.
"And Ash, she mentioned something else," Maura paused, "she . . . she said she's gotten married . . .did you know?"
"Did she say to whom?"
Maura sighed, and continued, "she didn't, and that's what's got me worried; I know Rayne has travelled a lot and seen a lot in her life, but what does she know about real life, and I mean, what if the man is not right for her, especially if she made a precipitate decision . . . oh, dear Lord"—she gasped—"you think she might be pregnant?"
...'


Turns out Rayne, who's been back in England for 2 weeks, has not let her family know that she's returned. Guilt has totally got her cornered now, and she wants to escape from Ash, because she told him, while looking him in the eye, that yes, she has called her parents and informed them of her return.

What's a girl to do in such a situation? Can Rayne wheedle her way out? Can Ash forgive her...? Grab your copy of Before The Morning here and find out!

Don't forget to check out these amazing peeps on the official SSS list - Jessica Subject, Lorraine Paton, Angela Quarles, Monica Enderle Pierce, Sue Ann Bowling, & Jess Schira - among many others!

Hope ye're all having a wonderful Sunday!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

7 comments:

Jessica Subject said...

Oh, yes, Rayne has a lot of explaining to do. LOL Great six! :)

Tonya Burrows said...

Uh oh. She's got some 'splaining to do now! Nice six!

Jess Schira said...

Oh boy, and I thought my family get together were dramatic. That's great news about the print release. I hope I get the long holiday break I've asked for, so I can sit down and read it.

angelaquarles.com said...

Uh-oh! Yes, she's in deep doo doo now, LOL! I like the little action descriptions peppered through the phone convo. Very revealing... And thanks for the shoutout!

Kate Warren said...

Oh boy, this is going to be fun. And yes, I think she could be pregnant. You know, if she's married it's a possibility. :)

Congratulations on the new release!

patonlorraine said...

Haha! That's an awkward conversation! Love it.

And, thank you so much for the shout out!

Sue Ann Bowling said...

She is digging herself in deeper and deeper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...