Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tidbit Tuesday: Night with a Dom by Casea Major (1NS)

Hey beautiful people!

Today a fellow 1NS author visits here to tell us about her latest release - and of course, a 1NightStand book! - titled Night With A Dom.

If you're not familiar with 1NightStand, it's a line of short stories from Decadent Publishing. At the heart of each story is the 1NightStand dating agency, which is run by the mysterious Madame Evangeline, or Madame Eve. Madame Eve has a gifted touch, in that she's able to partner anyone who uses her agency's services for a date with their soul mate. The line is over 100 books' strong, and keeps growing daily.

Casea Major is here to tell us about her addition to the line, and without further ado, I cede the floor to this very nice & bubbly lady whom I met when I joined Decadent.

First of all, Casea, thanks for coming over! I'm getting such a thrill out of having people over on my blog J

My pleasure! Thank you for having me.

So, tell us about your latest release.

I came up with the idea for this 1Night Stand story while watching football one Sunday afternoon in late fall. I wondered what kind of catalyst would propel someone into experimenting with their darker sexual desires. What would cause someone to take a small step out of their comfort zone to seek fulfillment for a craving they'd never satisfied. That is how Night with a Dom was born.

Blurb:

Melody Manning’s workaholic ambition, coupled with a slave-driving former boss, has made her the youngest market analyst in her firm. It’s also killed her personal life, including losing her fiancé. When she receives a message from him on New Year’s Eve announcing his engagement to another woman, Mel loses it. Her new, more compassionate boss has the perfect solution for her—get laid. Good and laid.
At his suggestion, she signs up with the 1Night Stand service, listing her deepest sexual desires on the application.  A speedy response from Madame Eve has Melody on her way to Sonoma Valley wine country and a one-night stand with a mysterious Dom.
The sexy, masked Master promises to get to the bottom of her guilt and provide ultimate satisfaction under the safety of his stern hand. After an emotional night of submission and uninhibited passion, will her lover’s unmasking lead to the end of their encounter or give Mel another chance at love?


In 5 words or less:     
Your book: SteamyYour heroine: Driven
Your hero: Demanding
You as an author: Spunky

Let's say your book is a movie – which one does it most closely resemble?

Hmm…I'm not sure I've ever seen a movie like it. There are elements from several movies I enjoy but not one in particular. I think the 9 ½ Weeks pushes the sexual boundaries of the heroine – so I'll say that one.

What real-life actors are playing the roles?

This is a good question. I modeled my Hero, Dominic Palmer, after Don Draper of Mad Men,  played by Jon Hamm,

and my Heroine is modeled after Robin Tunney of The Mentalist.

Hmmm, Jon Hamm... I think you just sold me that book right at this mention...J

Now this movie needs a soundtrack – what songs/tracks best fit your book?

Another great question. All my stories have play lists and the couples have theme songs. The song for this couple is Moves Like Jaggar by Maroon Five

And another winner for me - loooove that song!

Your characters end up in a world where everyone's a fashionista – how do they dress and what are they wearing?

Sensibly Stylish is how they both dress in any world.

Tell us a bit about you, and something we don't know/wouldn't expect about you.

I am a Bible scholar with two years of Greek.

Greek! All I can say is... Wow! J

What’s your favorite moment of the day, and why?

The moment my three kids go to bed. Because it means they are safe and happy and I can write. All my main goals are accomplished.

Sweet! J

You're a color – which one are you and why?

Green – It's a fresh color with lots of life, passion and flexibility.

Where can we find you and your books?

Amazon/Barnes and Noble and most other major retailers.

About Casea:
Major Love ~~~ Major Romance
Prior to becoming a writer of romantic fiction, Casea Major worked in the legal field for a non-profit dispute resolution company for ten years.  She is now a full-time mom to three preschool children with whom she and her husband live happily...most of the time.  When she isn't chained to her laptop, she enjoys Cary Grant movies and crocheting.
Website / Facebook / Twitter


It's been a total pleasure to have you over today, Casea! Wishing you tons of sales for Night With A Dom, and much, much success in your writing career!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

10 comments:

Fierce Dolan said...

I love having visuals of characters =) Now I will see them while I read your book!

Lisa Kumar said...

Great interview, ladies! Night with a Dom is a great book by a great author!

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks for dropping by, ladies!!

Sheri Fredricks said...

Well I learned something today about Casea I didn't know before. Sure glad I made it by! Excellent interview as always, Zee!

Brenda said...

What a fun interview. I learned even more about you, Casea.

When my boys were younger, I also loved bedtime for the same reasons you gave. I could finally relax and not have to worry.

And Greek, wow, wow, wow. You are amazing.

Casea Major said...

Thanks so much for coming, Ladies! You are the best most supportive people in the world!

Zee Monodee said...

Hey Sheri & Brenda! Glad you could come over, ladies! XOXO

Zee Monodee said...

Casea,

It's been a pleasure to have you over! I hope you'll consider coming back for your next releases - the door is always wide open for ya. :)

*hugs*

patonlorraine said...

I've never heard of 1NightStand, so thanks for sharing. I'll look for it.

Zee, have you heard of the Lucky 7 meme? Well, I've tagged you. You can find details on my blog if you're interested in participating. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Hey Lorraine!

You have got to check out 1NightStand! It's one of Decadent Publishing's bestselling lines :)

And thanks for the tag! I'll definitely drive by your blog and check it out.

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...