Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Writing Wednesday: Robyn Carr Visits!

Hey beautiful people!

To me, nothing exemplifies a good time as well as sitting down with a deep, love-inspired and relationship-driven contemporary romance, and one of the epitomes of such a good time happens to be named Robyn Carr. I love her books - her stories are profound and there's always a feel-good factor to them. Ms. Carr's books are pretty much an auto-buy for me, now imagine how thrilled I was to be asked to review her latest story, Hidden Summit, and on top of it, have a chance to feature a Q&A with her on my blog!

I posted the review yeaterday (just scroll down the page to read it!), and here's the answers Robyn Carr has been gracious enough to provide.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: As a writer, what kinds of books inspire you? Do you ever find time to read when you aren't writing your own novels?
A: I read every day. I work long hours, but in the evening after dinner I read—and I am inspired by everything I read, whether it’s mainstream or non-fiction or some other genre. I have a particular taste for contemporary romance and women’s fiction. My favorite authors are Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Kristan Higgins, Jill Shalvis, Susan Andersen to name a few. For my reading pleasure I enjoy intelligent, romantic, humorous, sexy novels with strong heroines.


Q: What is the underlying message you want women to take away from this new Virgin River trilogy—Hidden Summit, Redwood Bend, and Sunrise Point?
As in all Virgin River novels, it’s never too late to create your own happy ending. You are the heroine of your own life and you never never never settle for less than the most optimal experience, the most perfect partner. Men and women thrive when they find positive, mutually respectful relationships.

Q: What would you tell someone who is coming to Virgin River for the first time? What do you want them to know about the town as they jump into HIDDEN SUMMIT?
A: Virgin River isn’t an easy place. It calls on a person’s deepest sense of adventure to live there, which at least partially explains the strong sense of community one finds there. Sometimes neighbors have to rely on each other to get through the day, sometimes for their very survival. Not only does Mother Nature challenge this mountain town with snowstorms, floods, earthquakes and mud slides, the landscape is rugged, the wildlife plentiful and fearless, but there are more illegal (and sometimes dangerous) marijuana growers in that area than anywhere else in the US.


Q: It must be hard to come up with characters and string their life stories through multiple novels. How do you keep everyone straight when you go from book to book?
A: Notebook! Very LARGE notebook! By now, I live in Virgin River in my mind – everyday is like going home.

 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

2 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

I think it's amazing that our characters become like family. :)

A great interview!

France said...

I loved this story in the hugely popular Virgin River series. While I had thought this was to be the last book according to Ms. Carr, it seems she has surprised us with a twentieth book-a Christmas story-due out in November. Lucky us! In the Virgin River series, Ms. Carr found a setting and characters that struck a chord with her audience and she kept on producing books that made each of us want to move to Virgin River and share those lives. I will be sad to see the series end, however, Sunrise Point is every bit as wonderful as each of the other VR books. Nora and Tom are delightful characters, though I admit wanting to knock some sense into Tom long before his grandmother did. The conflict is strong, as is Nora's determination to provide for her two adorable girls. Likable, fleshed-out secondary characters add to the charm of this story, plus we are reacquainted with some old familiar faces.