Wednesday, October 05, 2011

It's October aka Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

Hey guys!

Had a hectic start of the week what with having to drag my husband to the ER when he complained of chest pains (thank goodness it was only bad heartburn!) and all this left me wiped (and hence why there've been no postings so far this week).

But today I'm doing something special that's very close to my heart, and I hope you will share it with me.

I'm talking about Breast Cancer and Breast Cancer Awareness over at the Noble Romance Authors' blog. Please drop by and take a read, and forward the information to the women in your life. This is information that could save a life, so please heed it and drop by.

I address some common perceptions and misconceptions about the disease, such as:

  • It happens after you turn 40.
  • It happens after menopause.
  • If there is a history of breast cancer in your family, get yourself checked.
  • If you're on the pill, the risk for breast cancer increases.
  • Have a mammogram every 3 years after 30, yearly after 40.
  • To have breast cancer, there needs to have a family history of it.
  • The more excess weight you carry, the higher your risk of getting breast cancer (especially after 40 and/or menopause)

Here's the link - come on over and please help me share the info about breast cancer. And side note - commentors will be entered for a draw where one of them will win a copy of Walking The Edge.

Looking forward to seeing you over there!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

No comments: