Sunday, August 07, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - Walking The Edge: Snippet #9

Hey again peeps!

It's Sunday, and I for one, am jumping for joy because tomorrow, school starts again! Back to my routine, back to writing, back to quiet! But first, the usual highlight of the week - Six Sentence Sunday. :)

Thanks again to everyone who visits, and for your comments - I love to hear what you think of my work. To all the SSS peeps, I try my best to come by all your blogs, but I apologize if I cannot make it to each of the 150+ participants. I definitely visit if you comment on here though. Once again, big big thanks!

So, I'm still plugging my June 29 release Walking The Edge (Corpus Brides: Book One) from Noble Romance Publishing. Quick recap - Amelia, my heroine, has amnesia. The man who says he is her husband plies her with drugs and monitors her every move...until the day Amelia manages to ditch her bodyguard and she heads to Marseille, to find a man she saw in her drug-induced dreams.
But once in the French city, things don't go as planned because Gerard, the man in question, does not recognize her. He thinks she's a trap sent to lure him, and he's out to get her.

In last week's excerpt, he had cornered her in a side alley after a pretty rough struggle, and we left them with his gun aimed at her. What will Amelia do now?


'... She saw murder on his features. Even in the dim surroundings, there was no mistaking the coiled tension in him. She let her body relax, the pressure from his lower body pinning her even more as she sagged against the wall.

"You're hurting me," she said. A part of her was aghast that she had a gun pointed at her, yet another part was already spinning how she could extricate herself from her situation.

"I'll do a damn lot more if you don't start giving me some answers." ...'


More SSS goodies here! Have a lovely Sunday!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

24 comments:

Sherry Gloag said...

The energy in this snippet punches out at you. Great 6.

Anonymous said...

Great action - first line was a definite attention getter to keep reading on.

Cate Masters said...

Love that she keeps a cool head in the face of such danger. Go girl!

Alix said...

Oh geez it's getting nail biting. Great six!

Piper said...

That's good stuff. Great six!

Gayle Ramage said...

Great, intense snippet, and I love the premise of this story!

Zee Monodee said...

Lol. Thanks Sheri! :)

Zee Monodee said...

Thank you Liz! Yup, I thought the first line would catch the reader's attention. Glad it worked. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Yup, Cate - she's a cool cucumber, this girl. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Lol, Alix!

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks Piper!

Zee Monodee said...

Thank you Gayle! These words of yours were lovely. :)

Luxie Ryder said...

"...murder in his features". Love it! Tense, exciting six!

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks Luxie!

Jessica Knauss said...

I love how we can see the wheels turning in her mind. I bet he can too!

Unknown said...

How can she relax in such an intense situation? Very telling part of her characterization. Well done as always, Zee!

Jane Rochester said...

Great post. And great job portraying her calm in the face of a dangerous situation.

lexcade said...

Oooh!!! This is exciting! I want to see more!

Zee Monodee said...

Lol Jessica - yup, he's sizing her up too. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks Kathleen! She was an awesome character to write, very different from my usual good-girl heroines. :)

Zee Monodee said...

Thank you Jane!

Zee Monodee said...

Lol Lex - I'll post some more next week then. :)

Nichelle Gregory said...

Your so lucky school started today! I'm counting down the days! lol

Loved your six and his last line! ;)

Zee Monodee said...

Thanks Nichelle! Oh yes, I'm jumping for joy that school's in again. :)