Monday, February 07, 2011

Random Thoughts' Monday: The Stylish Blogger Award

Hey peeps!

Monday! I agree with Garfield - that day should be banned, wiped out, written off... and uh, Tuesday would be the new Monday then, innit?

So, gotta tell you I'm pumped up on cold meds, hency why I'm making even less sense than usual. Should keep this post short, right? O-kay...

Me and this little blue spot here have been awarded the Stylish Blogger Award by both Rebecca Royce and J Hali Steele - two awesome authors I proudly call my friends (so yes, they could've been biased... Oh well). Hop on to their places, check them out. I also have to tell you 7 things about me.

I keep wondering what I haven't already said on this blog. Let's try and see (and I'm sorry if it's TMI!):

1. I was a surprise baby. 15 years after my mum had my only brother and was told she couldn't have any more kids, bam! Here I was! She was 41, my dad was 48, my brother was 16. Made for a 'weird' family, I can tell ya!

2. My English has the accent of a posh British cow.

3. I'm impulsive. Here's an example - I walked into the UNISA (my distance education university) student fair without any idea what degree I'd do. The minute the nice lady asks me which branch I wanna go in, out of the blue I reply communications science. Have no idea where the certainty came from, and to this day I don't regret choosing that subject.

4. I hate fruit. Especially fresh. Even the smell of it makes me feel sick (hence why I steer clear of the produce section at the grocery store).You can maybe get me to eat canned peaches/fruit cocktail and dried apricots. I prefer getting my Vit C from a tablet, thank you.

5. I'm one of very few women for whom Johnny Depp does absolutely nothing.

6. I'm a very good seamstress. Even took Dress and Textiles for my O-levels.

7. I used to be overweight. Up until my teens, I was the chubby girl to whom nothing good happened. Yep, I even got bullied (won't judge people, but let's just say the girl who was the bully sorely needed to get a life...). Then in a twist of Fate, I lost close to 20 pounds over my O-Level exam season and ended my sixteenth year as a willowy thing (though I top off at 5"3).

There you are - TMI about me!

Off to award the Stylish Blogger Award to 10 people.

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I SO agree with you about Johnny Depp. When he was just starting out on 21 Jump Street, he was a real cutie. Now he's too eccentric and strange.

Thanks for the award, but I don't know ten new bloggers to whom I can pass it on.

Zee Monodee said...

Lol, finally someone who gets what I mean about Johnny Depp. Great actor, but hello??? Jack Sparrow as sexy? No, no, no!

You deserve the award, and no worries if you can't pass it on. Tell us 7 things about you. :)

Hugs