Friday, December 24, 2010

Progress Friday

Against all hopes and expectations, I did manage to sit down somehow and get some more of the current WIP down. Doubled the current word count, seeing me going from 8% to 15% in just a couple days' writing. I applaud and send big big thanks to my trusty Nokia E63. If this baby hadn't been my pride and glory before, it sure is now (and I can hear my designer shoes and handbags collection groaning in the background!).

All this has put me on a high. Really, where there's a will, there's a way. Where there's also no kid in the area, there's a way! I'm putting time spent waiting for appointments to good use, and like my writing friends and I were having a discussion a couple days' ago on my FB status, preparation (thinking the story through if not actual plotting) makes a world of difference in finally getting the words to flow. Instead of sitting and looking at a blank screen, willing for inspiration to come, you actually have the imaginary visual picture as fodder and need just translate that to screen via words.

I'm high yes. Elated to have written, most definitely. But now that it's Friday, I'm taking a little time off to be with my family. I swear, over the past week or so, my son must've bulked up with a half of his previous size. Thing to note - giving growing boys lots of protein means they outgrow their clothes very, very quickly! Just yesterday I was putting the laundry away and came upon a red T-shirt. Racked my brains out trying to recall when I'd bought or even worn that garment. Turns out it's not mine, but my son's, and the T-shirt will fit him just this summer, not much longer. Boys, eh... Soon I'll have 3 hulks in my house, lol.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas if you celebrate, a happy Holiday season for those who are just revelling in this period, and an overall good time to everyone this weekend!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

No comments: