Monday, October 04, 2010

Random Thoughts' Monday: Break Me, Shake Me

So far, seems like the new time management thing is working. Sat down first thing in the morning today (8.30AM, at which time I'm back home from dropping kiddo to school) and until 11 AM, clocked down the ending to an elusive chapter (that's gotten my full story setup down finally!). I have no precise idea at where the ms is standing right now word-count-wise but I know it's good. I'm done with the chapter and can start percolating on the next.
In the meantime, rest of the week to be dedicated to studies. Got another 3 study units to complete the media ethics module - figure that'll be the order of the day for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. Thursday will be break day, and hopefully, writing morning again.



So what I remember of this very flash last weekend is the fact that while we were on the road on Saturday, kids notice what seems to be a car expo in the parking lot of a shopping mall here. No need to tell you there is lots of begging and pleading to please, please, pleeeeaaaazzzzzz, go check the cars out.
Now when you've got kids you gotta know which battles are worth fighting (eat your vegetables even if you threaten to puke it all back out. I know, charming indeed...) and which ones to graciously acquiesce to. The car argument was one of the latter.
On the way back we do go take a look, but it is not what we thought.
*Any fans of Fast and Furious here?* My boys are die-hard cars and street racing fans. Their biggest kick in videogames is winning races and unlocking further tuning gear for their cars. They know every make and car model and can recite you the specs on each one of them cars (if only I could translate maths into car lingo!).
Turns out the car expo was in fact a racing/tuning car show. You should've seen those beautiful babies - yeah, I'm talking about the cars!
One thing not many know about me is that I'm a car lover too. TopGear and DriveIt are some of my fave TV shows. The dearth of makes and models at the show! Outstanding!
Caution though - if ever you go to such a street racing car show, do not, I repeat, do not, approach the boomboxes they place in the trunk of those tuned cars! You'll end up vibrating all over while your eardrums scream bloody murder!



So that's it from me for today. Hope you had a weekend that didn't zip by you in a flash!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Zee,
It sounds like you did a great job nailing down your story.

I'm judging our RWA chapter contest, and I wish I had the quality that you offer.

Glad you gave into the boys and enjoyed it as much as they did. lol

Zee Monodee said...

It was a lot of fun, Sandy. A one of a kind experience. Now if I ever need to write about a Fast & Furious type car display, I know how to do it.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog