Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tidbit Tuesday: A touch of sweetness...

My life is currently going on 'insane' right now. Try as much as I want, I cannot undo the dial from this position. So 'insane' I'm stuck on. Not to mention that there's always something to do. You grab the list, cross something off, and when you get back to your reduced-number list to tackle the next item, you find that 2-3 tasks have magically appeared at the bottom of the page. If you're lucky, the list is still 1-page long. But who counts on luck, eh?

Similarly, who counts on men being darlings?

That's when the man in your life will totally surprise you. You know, he goes out to work every morning, spends the whole day there with not a minute to spare, and when he's back home in the early evening, he has to rush out again on kids'-related errands (ju-jitsu lessons, private tuition, etc). By the time he gets back by my side it's already dinner time, and by then I am beat (echo the replicating to-do list somewhere in there). Not to say he doesn't help, and after all, it's thanks to his efforts at slugging into the corporate world that I'm able to be at home, pursue further studies, write. Not many in his shoes would've told their wife when her stint in corporate ended in disillusionment to 'do what you want to do with your life, 'coz that's the only way you'll be happy'.

I know, he's my own real-life hero. Yes, he leaves his clothes/wet towel almost everywhere. He's careless at the sink and I end up with a bombed-out warzone when he's in the kitchen. Yes, he snores sometimes (a good elbow poke in the ribs and he'll turn over). But he's my man, and he makes everyday of my life Valentine's Day.

Hmm, I knew you were wondering why the movie's poster was up there! Well, my darling knows I'm dealing with kids 24/7. He knows I'm home but not able to get much done. He knows I'm not really writing 'coz of the tiredness lately and that without my writing fix, I'm a basket case. So what does he do? When out to get something I forgot on the grocery list of Saturday shopping, he stops by the DVD shop and gets me not just 1, but 2 movies. One is Valentine's Day, the other is The Ghost Writer.

Valentine's Day was for the sweet, cuddly love feeling (better than chocolate at times!). The Ghost Writer because, a) Pierce Brosnan stars in it (and I'm a goner for the man!) b) it's about writers c) I recently got 'into' mysteries and thrillers and this one fits the bill.

What more can a girl want/ask for, eh?

Side note - just saw Valentine's Day (cuddled up with the man. Yes, he even watched it with me!!). Totally sweet and cute movie, and loved how all the characters were connected in a big web of relationships. Made me think of Love Actually and He's Just Not That Into You, but VD had a little something special to it. It was just sweet. And the parting line from the narrator, "these 3 words we all want to hear:..." Priceless!
Check it out if you're looking for a nice, cute, romantic flick. It doesn't disappoint!

From Mauritius with love,

Zee

2 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Your husband sounds like a sweetheart. Hang on to him, girl!

Zee Monodee said...

Lol, I fully intend too, Chicki. He's a real darling!

Hugs!